XOOPS (eXtensible Object Oriented Portal System) is a free content management system, written in PHP, for websites. It uses a modular architecture allowing users to customize, update and theme their websites.
XOOPS uses a relational database (currently MySQL) to store data required for running a web-based content management system.
It is an ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more.
- Advanced access control layer – grant specific groups of users specific access rights to content and features such as edit, delete, upload, add attachments, publish content etc.
- Core features usable by modules .
- Personalization – set specific permissions for user access and control of individual elements of their websites.
- User Management.
- Theme-based skinnable interface.
- Templates – uses the Smarty templating engine.
- Built-in LDAP authentication.
- SEO add-ons.
- International language support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|