ProcessWire is a free content management system (CMS) and framework (CMF) built to save you time and work the way you do.
With all custom fields, a secure foundation, proven scalability and performance, ProcessWire connects all of your content seamlessly, making your job fast, easy and fun.
ProcessWire is free and open source software which has been in development since 2006.
- Easy and intuitive to use.
- jQuery-styled API with comprehensive documentation.
- Graphical web-based installer.
- Rich text editing tool (CKEditor-based).
- Comes with image fields that can be fully edited in the admin environment (and the API too of course). You can resize, crop, rotate, and flip any image, convert it to black and white or sepia, or generate any number of variations.
- Drag-and-drop image upload, placement and client-side resize.
- All fields are custom fields, indexed for find operations in the API.
- Can be bootstrapped from other PHP applications or command-line scripts.
- Interactive and API-based image manipulation functions.
- Drag-and-drop tree-based page list.
- Drag-and-drop file and image uploads and editing functions.
- Highly scalable with support for larger scale (100k+ page) installations.
- Use of string-based selectors for API calls.
- Role-based access control system.
- Core development emphasis on security.
- Markup agnostic output, leaving all output to the developer.
- Template files are PHP-based, with no template engine used by default.
- Output caching of entire pages or individual parts.
- Multi-language support with multi-language text fields and URLs. It makes building and managing a multi-language website a simple task.
- Modular plugin architecture and available third party modules.
- Field and input types are themselves plugin modules. All fields in ProcessWire are custom fields that you easily define.
- Fields and groups of fields are repeatable using built-in Repeater field types.
- Hook system enabling most core functions to be hooked and altered.
- Support for rich text editing using CKEditor.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|