ProcessWire is a free content management system (CMS) and framework (CMF) built to save you time and work the way you do.
With all custom fields, a secure foundation, proven scalability and performance, ProcessWire connects all of your content seamlessly, making your job fast, easy and fun.
ProcessWire is free and open source software which has been in development since 2006.
- Easy and intuitive to use.
- jQuery-styled API with comprehensive documentation.
- Graphical web-based installer.
- Rich text editing tool (CKEditor-based).
- Comes with image fields that can be fully edited in the admin environment (and the API too of course). You can resize, crop, rotate, and flip any image, convert it to black and white or sepia, or generate any number of variations.
- Drag-and-drop image upload, placement and client-side resize.
- All fields are custom fields, indexed for find operations in the API.
- Can be bootstrapped from other PHP applications or command-line scripts.
- Interactive and API-based image manipulation functions.
- Drag-and-drop tree-based page list.
- Drag-and-drop file and image uploads and editing functions.
- Highly scalable with support for larger scale (100k+ page) installations.
- Use of string-based selectors for API calls.
- Role-based access control system.
- Core development emphasis on security.
- Markup agnostic output, leaving all output to the developer.
- Template files are PHP-based, with no template engine used by default.
- Output caching of entire pages or individual parts.
- Multi-language support with multi-language text fields and URLs. It makes building and managing a multi-language website a simple task.
- Modular plugin architecture and available third party modules.
- Field and input types are themselves plugin modules. All fields in ProcessWire are custom fields that you easily define.
- Fields and groups of fields are repeatable using built-in Repeater field types.
- Hook system enabling most core functions to be hooked and altered.
- Support for rich text editing using CKEditor.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. We've written reviews of more than 40 self-hosted apps. All are free and open source.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.