Contao (formerly TYPOlight) is a powerful web content management system that specializes in accessibility (back end and front end) and uses XHTML and CSS to generate W3C/WAI compliant pages.
The software major difference to other CMS is that it is 100% accessible (frontend and backend) and strictly supports W3C standards. It also includes a powerful CSS engine to format contents.
Its key features include a live update feature, multi- language support, automatic CSS framework generation, a file manager, a search engine and form generator, versioning and undo, and Web 2.0 support.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Accessible XHTML strict output.
- Meets W3C/WAI requirements.
- Uses Ajax technology.
- Web 2.0 support (mootools-based).
- Live update service.
- Accessible administration area.
- Multiple back end languages and themes.
- Generates search engine friendly URLs.
- Multi-language support.
- Powerful permission system.
- Versioning and undo management.
- Advanced search and sorting options.
- Front end output 100% template based.
- Automatic e-mail encryption (spam protection).
- Supports SMTP in addition to PHP’s mail function.
- Supports multiple websites in one tree.
- Supports GZip compression.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|