Textpattern is a flexible, elegant and easy-to-use open source content management system which is suitable for many different uses. It is designed to help overcome the hurdles in publishing online, and to simplify the production of well-structured, standards-compliant web pages.
Textpattern is written in PHP using a MySQL database backend.
Built into Textpattern is Textile, a simple syntax for nudging plain text into structurally sound and stylistically rich web content.
- Quick conversion of plain text to valid XHTML with Textile.
- Preview of both the final “look” of content and of its XHTML.
- Tag-based template system which allows the creation of reusable blocks of content and code, and a built-in “tag builder” to automate their creation.
- Quickly search old articles by keyword.
- Up-to-the-minute visitor/referrer logs.
- Browser-based template and CSS editing.
- Unlimited site sections.
- Integrated link management system with unlimited article, link, file and image categories.
- Browser-based file and image upload & organization.
- Fast intuitive editing of articles, links, comments, page elements.
- Posting, editing & design privileges hierarchy.
- Unlimited site authors.
- Browser-based plugin installation and maintenance.
- Import content from other content management system.
- Built-in search engine.
- Built-in site statistics, including referrer tracking.
- Visitors can subscribe to custom article and link XML feeds.
- Browse categories and sections via popup or link list.
- Adjustable date/time stamps on articles.
- Articles can be set to appear at future date/time.
- A commenting system, including several measures to combat spam.
- Comments are accepted on a per-article basis.
- Comments may be closed after a fixed time or on the fly.
- Password-protect site sections, or even specific articles.
- Syndication of site content via RSS and Atom.
- XML-RPC server.
- Available in more than 40 languages including English, French, Italian, German, Czech, Japanese, Estonian, Latvian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Portuguese, Catalan, Polish, Slovenian, Indonesian, Swedish, Icelandic, Russian and Greek (including support for polytonic).
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|