MODX is a free, open source content management system and Application Framework. It is written with the PHP programming language and uses the popular MySQL database.
MODX provides a powerful framework on which to deploy and secure websites and web applications. For example, it provides a true system for registered web users and groups that is separate from administration users.
You can grant some web users access to one page and others access to another page. For content management, you can easily duplicate documents, folders, chunks and snippets. Most significant, though, is MODX’s ability to empower users to quickly and easily create and maintain a rich and dynamic website.
- Strong web standards support – effortlessly build XHTML 1.1 compliant sites.
- Web 2.0 features.
- PHP Application Framework – a flexible API and a event model.
- Graphical installer.
- Works in your favorite browser.
- Improved rich text editors.
- Strong handling of aliases and menu indexes.
- Robust CSS menu builder.
- Template variables.
- Improved meta-tag and keywords controls; select metatags and keywords on every Web page which helps with search engine optimization (SEO).
- Separate manager and web user sessions.
- Improved document parser and error handling.
- Custom content types.
- A range of administration tools.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|