b2evolution is a multi-lingual, multi-user, multi-blog publishing system written in PHP and backed by a MySQL database. It provides similar functionality to blogger or typepad except that it is released under a freely distributable license, and it runs on your own domain / website.
b2evolution is focused on ease of installation and feature richness. It can easily be installed on almost any LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) host in a matter of minutes.
b2evolution generates web pages dynamically from the database, so no clumsy ‘rebuilding’ is involved. It also means faster search/display capabilities, and the ability to serve your posts/news in different ‘templates’ or ‘skins’ without any hassle.
- Advanced browsing (paged, calendar, categories, search…).
- Instant blogging (no rebuilding necessary).
- Multiple users, authors and blogs with a single installation.
- Draft and quick publishing.
- Extended and multipaged posts.
- Supports blog skins and themes.
- Mobile blogging supported (via e-mail, MMS or a client tool).
- Integrated anti-spam including a community shared blacklist — to block comment and referrer spam.
- Integrated statistics.
- Plugin framework.
- Advanced categorization.
- True workflow.
- Paged browsing.
- by year, month, week or day.
- by category.
- Web standards compliance.
- Clean permalinks.
- Comment ratings.
- Podcast support.
- File & photo management.
- Automatic pingng of blog directories.
- RSS and Atom feeds.
- Localized in more than 25 languages.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|