Bolt is a simple CMS written in PHP.
It is based on Silex and Symfony components, uses Twig and either SQLite, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Bolt is created using modern open source libraries, and is best suited to build sites in HTML5 with modern markup.
- Easy to configure
- Uses templates.
- End users (editors) – focuses on producing and editing content.
- Rich content editors.
- 20 field types (and dynamic collections of fields).
- Twig templates.
- Bolt structures all content in ContentTypes: a content type defines the structure of your website content, for instance News, Pages, Blog Posts, Testimonials and Sections are all examples of a ContentType.
- Front-end developers / designers – set up websites that are flexible and easy to implement.
- Bolt is a Symfony application.
- Easy deployment – Bolt is a Composer package.
- Developers – offering a system that’s easy to maintain, flexible, and versatile.
- Built-in internationalization.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|