Backdrop is a full-featured content management system that allows non-technical users to manage a wide variety of content. Backdrop is a fork of Drupal. It preserves the legacy audience of developers who value ease of use and speed of learning over architectural flexibility.
It can be used to create all kinds of websites including blogs, image galleries, social networks, intranets, and more.
Backdrop is free and open source software.
- Ready to use out-of-the-box.
- Create and manage your own content
- Fast even on shared hosting.
- Control access with permissions.
- Browse and install add-ons directly from your own website. No need to scour the internet for available modules, themes, and layouts.
- Responsive design – works well on mobile phones and tablets.
- Highly customizable.
- Extensible APIs.
- Designed with security in mind.
- Deploy easily – make configuration changes on a development site. Deploy those changes to production with the easy-to-use Configuration Management interface.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|