Grav is a modern open source flat-file content management system. The name Grav is a shortened version of the word Gravity.
Grav focuses on speed and simplicity. There is no installation required. Just extract the ZIP archive, and you are already up and running. It follows similar principles to other flat-file CMS platforms, but has a different design philosophy than most.
Grav comes with a powerful package management system to allow for simple installation and upgrading of plugins and themes, as well as simple updating of Grav itself.
- Optimized flat file architecture.
- Zero configuration.
- Smart caching.
- CLI tools such as dependency installation, cache clearing, user creation, and backups.
- Multi-site capabilities.
- SEO friendly.
- Routing and redirection.
- Users and roles.
- HTML and Markdown content.
- Modular pages.
- Supports a variety of image, video, sound, and file formats.
- Dynamic image manipulation.
- Plugins – extensive plugins are available.
- Technologies used:
- Twig Templating: for powerful control of the user interface.
- Markdown: for easy content creation.
- YAML: for simple configuration. Powerful YAML-based configuration with environment-based overrides allow the ultimate in configuration flexibility. YAML-based page headers allow you easily add custom dynamic fields to your content.
- Parsedown: for fast Markdown and Markdown Extra support.
- Doctrine Cache: for performance.
- Pimple Dependency Injection Container: for extensibility and maintainability.
- Symfony Event Dispatcher: for plugin event handling.
- Symfony Console: for CLI interface.
- Gregwar Image Library: for dynamic image manipulation.
- Web Server (Apache, Nginx, LiteSpeed, Lightly, IIS, etc.).
- PHP 7.1.3 or higher.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|