Percona XtraBackup is an open-source backup utility for MySQL-based servers that performs non-blocking backups.
It works with MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona Server.
Percona XtraBackup is designed to make backups a seamless procedure without disrupting the performance of the server in a production environment.
- Backups that complete quickly and reliably.
- Works with MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona Server.
- Supports completely non-blocking backups of InnoDB, XtraDB, and HailDB storage engines.
- Back up the following storage engines by briefly pausing writes at the end of the backup: MyISAM, Merge, and Archive, including partitioned tables, triggers, and database options.
- Uninterrupted transaction processing during backups.
- Savings on disk space and network bandwidth.
- Automatic backup verification.
- Make incremental backups.
- Full compressed backups.
- Incremental compressed backups.
- Incremental backups with archived logs feature in Percona Server.
- Encrypted backups.
- Stream compressed backups to another server.
- Parallel local backups.
- Parallel compression.
- Parallel encryption.
- Parallel apply-log.
- Partial backups.
- Safe slave backups.
- Individual tables and partitions export.
- Higher uptime due to faster restore time.
- Create new MySQL replication slaves easily.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|