Mondo is a free, reliable, disaster recovery solution.
This tool backs up your Linux server or workstation to tape, CD-R, CD-RW, NFS or hard disk partition. In the event of catastrophic data loss, you will be able to restore all of your data [or as much as you want, from bare metal if necessary. Mondo is in use by numerous blue-chip enterprises and large organizations, dozens of smaller companies, and tens of thousands of users.
Mondo is comprehensive. Mondo supports LVM, RAID, ext2, ext3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS, VFAT, and can support additional file systems easily. It supports adjustments in disk geometry, including migration from non-RAID to RAID. Mondo runs on all major Linux distributions and is getting better all the time. You can even use it to backup non-Linux partitions, such as NTFS.
- Backup a non-RAID file system and restore it as RAID including the root partition.
- Backup a system running on one format and restore as another format.
- Restructure partitions, e.g. shrink/enlarge, reassign devices, add hard drives, etc, before partitioning and formatting drives. Mondo will restore data and amend /etc/lilo.conf and /etc/fstab accordingly.
- Backup Linux/Windows systems, including the boot sectors.
- Verify the integrity of a computer.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|