OmniDB is an open source browser-based app designed to access and manage many different Database Management systems, e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle and MySQL.
The program is built with simplicity in mind, designed to be a fast and lightweight browser-based application. OmniDB is also powered by the WebSocket technology, allowing the user to execute multiple queries and procedures in multiple databases in multiple hosts in background.
OmniDB can run either as an App or via Browser, combining the flexibility needed for various access paths with a design that puts security first.
OmniDB is actively developed, automatically tested on a variety of databases and browsers and comes with full documentation.
- Web Tool: Accessible from any platform, using a browser as a medium.
- Responsive Interface: All available functions in a single page.
- Unified Workspace: Different technologies managed in a single workspace.
- Simplified Editing: Easy to add and remove connections.
- Safety: Multi-user support with encrypted personal information.
- Interactive Tables: All functionalities use interactive tables, allowing copying and pasting in blocks.
- Smart SQL Editor: Contextual SQL code completion.
- Beautiful SQL Editor: You can choose between many available color themes.
- Tabbed SQL Editor: Easily add, rename or delete editor tabs.
- Easy database management:
- Tree view showing database structure.
- Simple form for table creation and editing:
- Tables’ names.
- Columns: name, type and nullable.
- Primary keys and respective columns.
- Foreign keys with either table and reference columns, including updating rules and removal as well.
- Data management: Add, edit and remove records.
- SQL Editing:
- Full-featured SQL Editor with syntax highlighting.
- SQL code completion for table columns and subquery.
- SQL code completion with basic contextual information.
- Visualization of explain plan
- PL/pgSQL function debugger.
- Show PL/pgSQL debugging session statistics.
- Monitoring dashboard.
- Console Tab.
- SSH Console.
- Support for external tools available as installable plugins:
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|