Exaile is a music player aiming to be similar to KDE’s Amarok, but for GTK+ and written in Python.
It has many of the cool features from Amarok (and other media players) such as automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via Wikipedia, Last.fm submission support, and optional iPod support via a plugin.
Exaile uses the GStreamer multimedia platform for audio playback, as well as the Mutagen library for reading and writing track metadata.
- Automatic fetching of album art.
- Built-in SHOUTcast directory browser.
- Tabbed playlists allowing multiple playlists to be open simultaneously.
- Lyrics fetching.
- Blacklisting of tracks.
- Download guitar tablature from fretplay.com.
- Submission of played tracks to Last.fm.
- Support for many portable media players.
- Internet radio such as Shoutcast.
- Proxy configuration.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.