Last Updated on July 13, 2023
The developers of Tomahawk bill their application as a music player that fundamentally changes the way music is consumed and shared. This application hooks you up with your friends — connect with your Jabber /Google Talk / Twitter friends and share collections and playlists.
Tomahawk makes use of ‘resolvers’ – small scripts that let users use a variety of services, such as hooking up your Google / Jabber account so that you can play music from other people’s libraries.
This application is written in Qt.
- Top Loved Tracks.
- Charts – shows top music charts from iTunes, WeAreHunted, Ex.fm, Billboard, and more.
- New Releases.
- Loved Tracks – instantly add songs to your Loved Tracks.
- Playlists .
- Smart Playlists using the Echo Nest Service, Tomahawk can automatically create playlists from an artist name, genre, key, adjective, tempo, and more.
- Import XSPF (XML Shareable Playlist Format).
- Export playlists.
- Supports the following services:
- Local network.
- YouTube – search YouTube for audio content.
- Jabber – log on to your Jabber/XMPP account to connect to your friends.
- Ex.fm – searches this service for tracks.
- Last.fm scrobbling.
- Ampache – connect to an Ampache server and resolves tracks.
- Subsonic – searches a Subsonic service for music to play.
- Official.fm – search this service for tracks.
- 4Shared – looks for tracks to play from this service.
- Jamendo – search this free music database.
- Dilandau – uses this mp3 search engine to find tracks.
- Grooveshark – searches Grooveshark for playable tracks (requires premium account).
- Spotify – play your music from and sync your playlists with Spotify (requires premium account).
- Google – connect to Google Talk to find your friends.
- Twitter – connect to your Twitter followers.
- Add custom radio stations.
- Support for SOCKS proxy.
- Remote Peer Connection Methods.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|