VidCutter is a modern, simple to use media cutter and joiner.
It offers frame-accurate SmartCut technology, chapter support, media stream selection for audio and subtitle channels. There’s also blackdetect video filter support to automatically detect scene changes or skip commercial in digital TV recording.
VidCutter is free and open source software.
Other features include:
- Attractive, simple to use Qt5 based interface. The utility provides some essential functions that will get you started editing almost immediately without much learning.
- OpenGL hardware accelerated playback (courtesy of libmpv).
- Lossless, fast media cutting and joining (supported by the power of FFmpeg).
- Detailed media metadata information.
- Timeline thumbnails for more accurate seeking.
- SmartCut – frame-accurate cutting option (this option is not enabled by default).
- Reorder clips.
- Chapter support allowing scene chapter names to be included in final media metadata
- Flatpak and AppImage releases are available.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, macOS, and Windows.
Developer: Pete Alexandrou and contributors
License: GNU General Public License v3.0
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|