Ciano is a desktop multimedia conversion application responsible for converting videos, music and images. The software focuses on simplicity.
Originally created to provide the best possible experience in the elementary operating system, Ciano makes use of the largest conversion tools: FFmpeg and ImageMagick without needing any knowledge of how these tools work.
The software is developed in the Vala programming language.
- Support for many codecs and containers:
- Video – MP4, MPG, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MOV, VOB, OGV, WEBM.
- Audio – MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, MMF, M4A.
- Images – JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, GIF, TGA.
- Conversion of multiple files at the same time.
- Define the output folder.
- Notification support – option to notify after an action is complete, and/or if an error occurs in the conversion.
- Close the application at any time with Ctrl + Q.
- Package support for elementary OS and Debian/Ubuntu.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.