Transcode is a suite of tools, all of which are command line utilities, for transcoding various video, audio, and container formats, running on a platform that supports shared libraries and threads. Decoding and encoding is done by loaded modules that are responsible for feeding transcode with raw video/audio streams (import modules) and encoding the frames (export modules).
It includes a variety of video and audio filters, including (but not limited to) video de-interlacing, audio resampling, framerate conversion, different video resizing algorithms, smoothing, sharpening, denoisifying, and cutting.
It’s modular concept is intended to provide flexibility and easy user extensibility to include other video/audio codecs or filetypes.
Decode/encode your favorite DVDs or vacation Digital Videos to single CD video files on a platform that supports shared libraries and threads with transcode’s import helpers tcextract and tcdecode.
- Cut out arbitrary frame region for processing.
- De-interlace video frame.
- Fast enlarging of video width/height by a multiple of 32 rows/column up to 1024×768.
- Fast reduction of video width/height by a multiple of 32 rows/column.
- High-quality resizing with filter.
- Cut out arbitrary frame region for encoding.
- Rescale (downsample) video width/height by a power of 2.
- Flip video frame upside down.
- Mirror image of video frame.
- Swap R and B bytes in video frame.
- Transform to b/w video frame.
- Apply gamma correction.
- Anti-alias video frame.
- Change the volume of the audio stream.
- Resample audio stream.
- Swap byte order in audio stream.
Website: Available in many distributions’ repositories
Developer: John Varouhakis
License: GNU GPL
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.