Transcode is a suite of tools, all of which are command line utilities, for transcoding various video, audio, and container formats, running on a platform that supports shared libraries and threads. Decoding and encoding is done by loaded modules that are responsible for feeding transcode with raw video/audio streams (import modules) and encoding the frames (export modules).
It includes a variety of video and audio filters, including (but not limited to) video de-interlacing, audio resampling, framerate conversion, different video resizing algorithms, smoothing, sharpening, denoisifying, and cutting.
It’s modular concept is intended to provide flexibility and easy user extensibility to include other video/audio codecs or filetypes.
Decode/encode your favorite DVDs or vacation Digital Videos to single CD video files on a platform that supports shared libraries and threads with transcode’s import helpers tcextract and tcdecode.
- Cut out arbitrary frame region for processing.
- De-interlace video frame.
- Fast enlarging of video width/height by a multiple of 32 rows/column up to 1024×768.
- Fast reduction of video width/height by a multiple of 32 rows/column.
- High-quality resizing with filter.
- Cut out arbitrary frame region for encoding.
- Rescale (downsample) video width/height by a power of 2.
- Flip video frame upside down.
- Mirror image of video frame.
- Swap R and B bytes in video frame.
- Transform to b/w video frame.
- Apply gamma correction.
- Anti-alias video frame.
- Change the volume of the audio stream.
- Resample audio stream.
- Swap byte order in audio stream.
Website: Available in many distributions’ repositories
Developer: John Varouhakis
License: GNU GPL
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|