Veyon is open source software that lets you monitor and control a group of computers (e.g. classrooms) on a central computer (e.g. an instructor’s computer) and use various features and modes.
Veyon can be used transparently in different environments. This means a teacher computer running Linux can easily access student computers running Windows and vice versa. Veyon provides an user interface which has been optimized for easy use and fast access to all important features.
Veyon is the official successor of iTALC. The program is available in English and many other languages.
- Using functions on individual computers.
- Monitoring mode – offers an overview of all computers and see their screen contents in thumbnails. The screen content is updated almost in real time, so you can monitor all activity at the selected locations.
- Demonstration mode – in this mode, your screen content is broadcasted to all remote computers and displayed in real time. You can choose between a full screen and a window demo.
- Lock screens – all input devices on the students’ computers are locked with a blocking image displayed to prevent distractions caused by open applications.
- Remote access – consists of two very similar features Remote view and Remote control. In both access modes, the screen of a remote computer is displayed in full size in a separate window. In contrast to the monitoring mode in the main window, you can watch the activities on a computer in detail or intervene yourself.
- Power on, restart and shutdown computers – the features Power on, Reboot and Power down are helpful both for administrative purposes and for the preparation and follow-up of courses and exams. Using these functions, you can remotely power on, restart, or shut down computers.
- Log off users – complements the possibilities described in the previous section to control basic computer states.
- Send text message – send a text message to individual or all course participants.
- Home schooling – Veyon’s network technology is not restricted to a subnet and therefore students at home can join lessons via VPN connections just by installing the Veyon service
- Run a program.
- Open a website.
- Screenshot – save the current screen content of single or all computers in image files.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|