QuiteRSS is an open source cross-platform news aggregator for RSS and Atom news feeds. It’s Qt5 based.
The software offers two layout modes – classic and newspaper. The classic layout has a three-panel view for the feed list, posts and browser.
QuiteRSS stores its data in an SQLite database.
The software is released under an open source license.
- Feed and news filters: new, unread, starred, deleted (for news until restart application).
- User filters.
- Tabbed browsing.
- Import/export of OPML feeds.
- Basic web browsing functions with its embedded browser.
- System tray integration.
- Enable/Disable images in news preview.
- High DPI support.
- Internationalization support with translations for Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Proxy configuration: automatic or manual.
- SSL-certificate checks.
- Cross platform support – runs under Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, and OS/2.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.