RSS Guard is a simple, light and easy-to-use RSS/ATOM feed aggregator developed using the Qt framework. The program supports online feed synchronization.
The software is released under an open source license.
RSS Guard is looking for a new leading developer/maintainer.
- Accounts supported: Gmail, Inoreader, NextCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and standard online feeds (RSS, RDF and ATOM). All cached online service data are synchronously saved when any feed is updated.
- Newspaper view.
- Tabbed interface.
- Various styles, icon themes, and skins are available.
- Message filter with regular expressions.
- Feed metadata fetching including icons.
- Supports SQLite and MySQL/MariaDB.
- Enhanced feed auto-updating with separate time intervals,
- Backup database.
- Full screen mode.
- Ad-Block feature for internal web browser. It’s based on Qt examples and QupZilla.
- Downloader with own tab and support for up to 6 parallel downloads.
- Integrated web browser with adjustable behavior, text searching, and external browser support.
- Option to launch the application on operating system startup.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Import/export of feeds to/from OPML 2.0.
- Recycle bin.
- Desktop integration via tray icon.
- Feed authentication (Digest-MD5, BASIC, NTLM-2).
- Support for arbitrary external tools.
- Feed updates are parallelized.
- Internationalization support – translations available for Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Ukrainian.
- Available as an AppImage.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.