Last Updated on June 26, 2023
Akregator is a news feed reader for KDE. It enables you to follow news sites, blogs and other RSS/Atom-enabled websites without the need to manually check for updates using a web browser.
It allows you to quickly browse through hundreds of thousands of internet feeds in a quick, efficient, and familiar way.
Akregator is part of the Kontact suite.
- Simple and intuitive.
- Support for RSS and Atom feeds.
- Aggregates feeds in a particular category into a single list.
- Automatic or manual request of feeds.
- Uses tabs to give access to internal reading of full stories
- Archives feeds. For example, you can keep all article, limit archive to a defined number of articles, delete articles older than a specified number of days, or even disable archiving.
- Customize individual feeds.
- Incremental search feature.
- Feed icons.
- Embeds KHTML as an internal, tabbed web browser.
- Three-paned view: List of feeds on the left, list of posts in the top right pane, and the post content in the bottom-right pane.
- Feeds archive.
- Custom update interval.
- Option to load the full website when reading articles, and mark articles as read when they arrive.
- Good integration with Konqueror, a free and open-source web browser and file manager, provides web access and file-viewer functionality for file systems.
Developer: Stanislav Karchebny
License: GNU GPL v2
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|