Pubs brings your bibliography to the command line.
Pubs organizes your bibliographic documents together with the bibliographic data associated to them and provides command line access to basic and advanced manipulation of your library.
The software is written in the Python programming language.
Pubs is built with the following principles in mind:
- All papers are referenced using unique citation keys.
- Bibliographic data (i.e. pure BibTeX information) is kept separated from metadata (including links to pdf or tags).
- Everything is stored in plain text so it can be manually edited or version controlled.
- Customization – designed to interact with your command line tool chain.
- Document management – attach a document to a reference, and open documents automatically from the command line.
Developer: Fabien Benureau, Olivier Mangin, and contributors
License: GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.