Adminer (formerly known as phpMinAdmin) is a full-featured tool for managing content in MySQL databases.
Unlike phpMyAdmin, Adminer consists of a single file ready to deploy to the target server. It is a lightweight alternative which still offers a good feature set.
Adminer is free and open source software.
- Connect to a database server with username and password.
- Select an existing database or create a new one.
- List fields, indexes, foreign keys and triggers of table.
- Change name, engine, collation, auto_increment and comment of table.
- Alter name, type, collation, comment and default values of columns.
- Add and drop tables and columns.
- Create, alter, drop and search by indexes including fulltext.
- Create, alter, drop and link lists by foreign keys.
- Create, alter, drop and select from views.
- Create, alter, drop and call stored procedures and functions.
- Create, alter and drop triggers.
- List data in tables with search, aggregate, sort and limit results.
- Insert new records, update and delete the existing ones.
- Supports all data types, blobs through file transfer.
- Execute any SQL command from a text field or a file.
- Export of databases and tables (its structures and/or data) as a dump to output or a downloadable attachment to SQL or CSV.
- Alter export for projecting changes to production database.
- Print database schema connected by foreign keys.
- Show processes and kill them.
- Display users and rights and change them.
- Display variables with links to documentation.
- Manage events and table partitions (MySQL 5.1).
- Extensive customization options.
- Visual database/E-R schema editing.
- SQL syntax highlighting.
- XHTML 1.1 validity in UTF-8.
- Very small footprint.
- Users log in specifying the destination server and providing the user name and password (which is stored during whole session).
- Text area for arbitrary SQL commands and storing these commands in command history
- Multiple language support (English, German, Spanish, Dutch, French, Italian, Estonian, Chinese, Czech, Slovak, Russian).
- Provisions against XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, session stealing
- Light-weight – released in a form of a single file, with support of CSS skins
- Available in Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil, and Turkish.
Support: Forums, GitHub Code Repository
Developer: Jakub Vrana
License: Apache license or GNU GPL v2
Adminer is written in PHP. Learn PHP with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to MySQL Tools Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|