Worker is a file manager in the style of Amiga’s DirOpus.
Directories and files are show in two separate panels like in Midnight Commander.
It can be controlled with a mouse or keyboard. There is no restriction on the number or type of button functions.
Files are recognized by both extension and content, content by recognizing common bytes in the sample files you show it.
- Drag’N’Drop support.
- Built-in functions including:
- copy, move, rename, delete files.
- create directory.
- create/change symlinks.
- chmod, chown.
- and many more.
- Built-in configuration GUI.
- Support for a virtual file system to enter archives, ftp sites, etc.
- Archives currently supported include tar/tgz/tbz, gzip, bzip2, zip, rar, ar and more from the extfs from Midnight Commander (lha, zoo, rpm, iso9660, diff, arj, cpio).
- Access servers using SSH, rsh, FTP, HTTP and WebDAV.
- Text viewer.
- File search.
- Bookmarks for frequently used directories.
- Flexible file type system with arbitrary file type actions for single file types or groups of types.
- Context menu to access file type actions.
- Labels can be assigned to entries to make it easier to find important files.
- Filter file view by string pattern or label.
- Assign any external command to buttons, hotkeys or filetypes (e.g. gimp, tar, diff, mount, …).
- UTF8 support.
- Low requirements (only X11 libraries are required).
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|