NetXMS provides performance and availability monitoring with flexible event processing, alerting, reporting and graphing for all layers of IT infrastructure.
Fine tuning can be performed by using NetXMS built-in scripting language called NXSL (stands for NetXMS Scripting Language). NXSL was designed specifically to be used as embedded scripting language within NetXMS.
This is free and open source software.
- Network monitoring:
- Automatic Layer 2 and Layer 3 discovery, visualization and search of the connected components.
- Full SNMPv3 support.
- Active discovery with scanning probes.
- Passive discovery based on information from monitored devices – ARP and routing tables, interfaces.
- Application and server monitoring:
- All the basic metrics you would expect: CPU, file systems, I/O, memory, traffic.
- JMX bridge for monitoring Java applications.
- Application specific extensions: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DB2, Tuxedo, and many more.
- Integration API for in-house applications.
- Designed for large networks:
- Single server can monitor hundreds of metrics on thousands of devices.
- Full support for distributed monitoring and horizontal scaling.
- Overlapping IP subnets monitoring.
- Flexible access control for operators and customers.
- Automation – wide range of actions, flexible thresholds and custom scripting when your imagination is even wilder than ours.
- Secure – all communications are encrypted with AES256 and authenticated. Access control down to the specific metric.
- Flexible data collection – everything is a datasource – SNMP, NetXMS agent, your application of a script. Once collected, filter or convert values before they are processed further.
- NAT-friendly – NAT penetration as well as proxy for SNMP, ICMP, and native protocol.
- Remote management – send SNMP SET commands, run applications remotely, transfer files (even in bulk) or just take a screenshot to see how system operates.
Support: GitHub Code Repository
License: Mixed licensing – most libraries are licensed under GNU Lesser General Public License, with the rest of the components licensed under the GNU General Public License
NetXMS is written in Java, C and C++. Learn Java with our recommended free books and free tutorials. Learn C with our recommended free books and free tutorials. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|