Pandora FMS is a Open Source monitoring software. It watches your systems and applications, and allows you to know the status of any element of those systems. Pandora can detect if a network interface is down, a defacement on your website, a memory leak in one of your server app, or even the movement of shares of the NASDAQ stockmarket.
Pandora FMS has four main components: Pandora FMS Servers (Pandora Data Server, Pandora Network Server, Pandora SNMP Console), Pandora FMS Agents, and Pandora FMS Web Management System (Web Console) and Pandora Database.
Pandora can also monitor any kind of TCP/IP service without installing agents, and monitor network systems such as load balancers, routers, switches, operating systems, applications, or simply printers. Pandora also supports SNMP for collecting data and for receiving traps.
Pandora agents are based on native languages in every platform: scripts that can be written in any language. It’s possible to reproduce any agent in any programming language and the existing ones can be extended without difficulty in order to cover aspects not taken into account up to the moment.
- Detect new systems in network.
- Checks for availability or performance.
- Raise alerts when something goes wrong.
- Allow to get data inside systems with its own lite agents.
- Allow to get data from outside, using only network probes. Including SNMP.
- Get SNMP Traps from generic network devices.
- Generate realtime reports and graphics.
- SLA reporting.
- User defined graphical view.
- Store data for months, ready to be used on reporting.
- Realtime graphs for every module.
- High availability for each component.
- Escalable and modular architecture.
- Supports up to 2500 modules per server.
- User defined alerts. Also could be used to react on incidents.
- Integrated incident manager.
- Integrated DB management: purge and DB compaction.
- Multiuser, multiprofile, multigroup.
- Event system with user validation for operation in teams.
- Granularity of accesses and user profiles for each group and each user.
- Profiles could be personalized using up to eight security attributes without limitation on groups or profiles.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Alternatives to Adobe Cloud looks at free and open source alternatives to products available from Adobe Cloud's subscription service.|
|Alternatives to Apple recommends free and open source alternatives to Apple's proprietary world.|
|Alternatives to Corel surveys alternatives to Corel's range of graphics processing products and other software applications.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|