Skylendar is a modern design astrology software, designed for the KDE 3.x desktop environment.
It includes a modern interface, a powerful data/restrictions sets management, drag’n’drop, multi-windows, animation and a SQL database searching/loading/saving interface. Skylendar is built upon the Swiss Ephemeris library (sweph), which uses precomputed ephemeris files.
It is the successor of KAstrolog 5.4, a KDE port of the famous W.D. Pullen’s Astrolog.
The Skylendar main window is basically divided into two vertical parts: an icon tree for the data/restrictions sets, subchart management, and a workspace where all the graphical charts are displayed.
The code is fairly portable and has a modern design and interface.
- Wheel Chart, displays up to 4 concentric rings.
- Standard List Chart, displays a text list of objects positions and speeds, aspects and mid-points tables.
- Simple or Dual Aspects Scan List Chart, displays a textlist of the current towards natal or mutual aspects occurring during a given time span.
- Uses the high precision Swiss Ephemeris Library for computation.
- Numerous planets, virtual planets, exotic objects, stars, aspects, and ayanamsa computing methods.
- Numerous parameters managed, such as orbs, orbs additions, aspects colors, etc…
- PostgreSQL interface for storing/retrieving the personal data and restrictions sets.
- Single, transiting, progressed, directed, added and multiplied subcharts.
- Aspects table below the wheel chart.
- True multitasking chart computation.
- AAF and Astrolog/KAstrolog files can be converted in SKIF files.
- Save charts in SVG format.
- Local Horizon Chart.
- Objects List Chart.
- Aspects Table Chart.
- Ephemeris Chart – the Ephemeris list displays a list of 10 planetary positions computed every day at midnight, ZeroGMT.
- Batch Chart – displays an aspects list like in the Standart Text List Chart, but instead of computing the aspects between one master and one slave ring, the user will give a SQL condition (after the SQL WHERE clause), so that all the data sets that match this condition will temporarily replace the current master, and the aspects with the slave ring will be calculated and displayed.
- Exotic objects such as Vulcan, Proserpine, etc.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|