KPhotoAlbum is software for viewing and organising images. It lets you index, search, group and view images by keywords, date, locations and persons. It also provides a quick and elegant way to look up groups of images when you have thousands of pictures on your hard disk.
The information associated with each photo is stored in an XML file. Together with its keywords, KPhotoAlbum stores each picture’s MD5 sum, so it will recognize them even if they are moved to another directory. KPhotoAlbum can also create HTML galleries with the images you select.
KPhotoAlbum can also make use of the KIPI image handling plugins to extend its capabilities. The kipi-plugins package contains many useful extensions. Among others, it contains extensions for photo manipulation, importing, exporting and batch processing.
- Web-awareness (e.g. supports Facebook and Smugmug).
- Timeline device similar to F-Spot.
- Annotation (identifying people, location, keywords, or other descriptions).
- KIPI plugin support for manipulating images.
- Reads RAW files.
- Boolean searches.
- Export plugins: Flickr, 23, Zooomr, HTML, Piwigo, KMP, Shwup, PicasaWeb, Facebook, Flash, SmugMug, Gallery, iPod, and remote computers.
- Import from PicasaWeb, Facebook, Scanner, SmugMug and remote computers.
- Batch plugins: Batch RAW converter, border images, color images, convert images, image effects, filter images, rename images, recompress images, resize images, and DNG converter.
- Tools include an OpenGL image review, blend bracketed images, an advanced slideshow, and calendars.
- Thumbnails stored in its own format making them much faster to load with smooth scrolling.
- Generates HTML pages which are easy to navigate.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Alternatives to Adobe Cloud looks at free and open source alternatives to products available from Adobe Cloud's subscription service.|
|Alternatives to Apple recommends free and open source alternatives to Apple's proprietary world.|
|Alternatives to Corel surveys alternatives to Corel's range of graphics processing products and other software applications.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|