MiniBB (also known as Mini Bulletin Board) is a free open source, flat-type, PHP forum software on which you can build your online community.
MiniBB main guideline is called the three S’s directive: Security, Speed and Stability.
The software uses mySQL or another PHP-compatible database as its data backend.
Build your own version of the core in seconds, using the revolutionary auto-compiling tool.
- Responsive design.
- Posting messages:
- Unlimited amount of posted messages and topics.
- BB-codes support (external hyperlinks, images, Bold, Italic, font colors, bulleted lists etc.)
- Dynamic Quotation option: highlight and quote others messages, move quickly between messages and replying box.
- Quick-Reply and Quick-New Topic forms.
- Smilies support.
- Embed YouTube Videos.
- Preview message option.
- “Bad”-words auto-filtering.
- Member profiles:
- Forum-related statistics and graphs, based on the amount of posts for each user.
- Member Photos.
- Extend member profiles with any kind of custom fields.
- Private Messaging and communication between forum members.
- Protected members passwords.
- Flood protection by the IP-address and time.
- Full HTTP Secure (HTTPS) Compatibility.
- Search Engine Optimization:
- Fully valid W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional HTML, ultra-compact, printing-ready and indexing-friendly output.
- SEO Friendly URLs.
- Automatic Description META-tags for forum and topic pages.
- Dynamic INDEX, FOLLOW (NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW) META-tags.
- Automatic “nofollow” tag on external hyperlinks, and automatic “follow” tag on internal forum and website domain URLs.
- RSS feed.
- Forum Sitemap.
- Individual customization:
- Detailed W3C Valid CSS stylesheet:
- Advanced customization regarding your own PHP header and footer, or even complete integration in your scripting template via include() function.
- Easy and universal “hand-made” HTML-templates.
- Internationalization support – more than 40 language packs are available including Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese.
The developers offer some additional functionality through paid extensions.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|