Last Updated on July 19, 2023
Ink/Stitch is a machine embroidery design platform based on Inkscape, and other open source software.
You need to have Inkscape installed on your system.
Ink/Stitch is free and open source software.
- Digitize machine embroidery designs using Inkscape (SVG).
- Import and Export many popular machine embroidery formats:
- including batch export.
- Add Trims and Stops.
- Edit Stitch Order.
- Set custom origin point as (0, 0) in the design file.
- Animated stitch-out preview including live-preview as you adjust settings like row spacing underlay, etc.
- Print to PDF:
- Realistic rendering.
- Line-drawing mode available as well.
- Embroidery machine operator layout with color blocks, thread names, stitch counts, and custom notes.
- Client-oriented layout designed for you to send to your customer.
- Highly customizable through your web browser.
- Realistic rendering.
- Thread manufacturer palettes (over 60 manufacturers included):
- Automated installation of Inkscape palettes for use in your designs.
- Thread names and catalog numbers included in PDF printouts.
- Supported Stitch Types:
- Fill Stitch:
- Automatically fill arbitrary shapes with stitches.
- Adjust the stitch length, row spacing, and row angle.
- Satin Stitch:
- Custom-design your satin column with varying width.
- Automatic routing (with underpathing running stitch if needed).
- Mix and match 3 kinds of underlay:
- e stitch.
- Stroke Type Stitches:
- Running stitch.
- Bean stitch.
- Manual stitch with each stitch exactly where you want it.
- Fill Stitch:
- Supported file types:
- Writing – CSV, DST, EXP, JEF, PEC, PES, SVG, TXT (G-CODE), U01, VP3.
- Reading – 100, 10o, BRO, DAT, DSB, DST, DSZ, EMD, EXP, EXY, FXY, GT, INB, JEF, JPX, KSM, MAX, MIT, NEW, PCD, PCM, PCQ, PCS, PEC, PES, PHB, PHC, SEW, SHV, STC, STX, TAP, TBF, TXT (G-CODE), U01, VP3, XXX, ZXY.
- Internationalization support – user interface translated to several languages.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|