Chart Geany is a smart, easy to install, easy-to-use, completely free and multi-platform graphical software that has been designed from the offset to act as an intuitive and feature-rich utility for stock market charting and technical analysis.
The software is written in the C++ programming language and uses the Qt GUI toolkit for its graphical user interface.
The software is released under an open source license.
- Compatible with stocks, mutual funds, futures, indices.
- Major technical analysis indicators: Simple Moving Average, Exponential Moving Average, MACD, Fast and Slow Stochastics, Money Flow Index, Rate of Change, Relative Strength Index, Williams %R, Bollinger Bands, Parabolic SAR, Average Directional Index, Aroon, Commodity Channel Index, Standard Deviation, Momentum, Directional Movement Index and Average True Range.
- CGScript, an ISO C99 dialect, which allows you to design custom technical indicators and objects from scratch.
- Line, Bar, Candle and Trend Candle (Heikin-Ashi) charts.
- Stock ticker.
- Time-frames: Day, Week, Month and Year.
- Microsoft Excel xls files can be imported through the Quote Importer.
- Easy download of quotes from Yahoo Finance, Alpha Vantage or IEX.
- Spreadsheet-like data manager and quote browser.
- Portfolio manager for multiple portfolios and multiple currencies.
- Single file local storage. Work offline if needed.
- Indicator templates with import and export
- Statistics and fundamental data if available from the data feed
- Pence to pounds converter for London Stock Exchange listed symbols
- Tab-based graphical user interface. You can manage the charts the same way you manage the pages of your web browser.
- Drawing and text objects: Labels, Trailing Text (a label attached to specific date), Horizontal Lines, Vertical Lines, Trend Lines and Fibonacci Retracements.
- Linear or semi-logarithmic price scaling.
- Zoom In and Zoom out.
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) files can be imported through the Quote Importer. Most common formats are supported like Metastock 7, Metastock 8 and AMI Broker.
- One click screen shots for charts.
- Periodical price updates, along with chart refresh. Must be available from the data feed
- Self-contained software, independent from other software back-ends like Java Virtual Machine or .NET Framework.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|