Zenphoto is a mature, standalone open source Content Management System (CMS) for multimedia focused websites. It has been in development for more than a decade.
Zenphoto features support for images, video, and audio formats.
The Zenpage CMS plugin provides a fully integrated news section (blog) and custom pages to run entire websites.
- Dynamic albums based on “saved searches”.
- Multifile upload.
- Scheduled publishing.
- Automatically generated sized images.
- EXIF/IPTC metadata support.
- Drag & Drop sorting of albums and images.
- Moving, copying, renaming of albums and images.
- Supported formats:
- Images: .jpg, .gif, .png (generally all formats your server’s graphics libary supports).
- Videos: .mp4, .m4a, .flv, .mov, .3gp, .ogv, .webm.
- Audio: .mp3, .m4a, .fla, .webma, .oga.
- Other formats (basic support only): .txt,.html, .pdf, .pps.
- Manage blog and pages.
- Custom pages management including nested subpages.
- Custom menus.
- Drag & drop sorting of pages and categories.
- News section (blog) with nested categories.
- Post of new gallery items in the news section (blog).
- File manager for gallery files.
- Scheduled publishing.
- Multi-user management.
- User management.
- User groups.
- Per user rights assignment.
- Password protection for albums and pages.
- Admin backend translatable.
- Many backend translations included: Chinese, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, Swedish.
- Multilingual sites with subdomain support for separate language sites (e.g. fr.domain.com, en.domain.com).
- Highly customizable theme engine (HTML5, CSS, PHP).
- Five standard themes included, more themes available.
- Object model framework for advanced theming and flexibility.
- Multiple layouts within a theme.
- Separate theme translations.
- Sophisticated plugin system.
- Frontend and backend filters.
- Object model framework for advanced coding.
- Many plugins included plus more 3rd party ones available.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Alternatives to Adobe Cloud looks at free and open source alternatives to products available from Adobe Cloud's subscription service.|
|Alternatives to Apple recommends free and open source alternatives to Apple's proprietary world.|
|Alternatives to Corel surveys alternatives to Corel's range of graphics processing products and other software applications.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|