Coppermine is a multi-purpose, feature-rich and integrated, open source web picture gallery script written in PHP using GD or ImageMagick as image library with a MySQL backend.
It provides a feature-rich photo gallery script with MySQL database, user management, private galleries, automatic thumbnail creation, ecard feature and a template system for easy customization to match the rest of a site.
Coppermine has an optional user selectable theme system with a number of themes pre-installed. It also supports the use of multiple languages and contains its own language library.
- Meta albums: Admin can specify what virtual extra albums can be used to provide alternative “views” or methods to browse the gallery:
- Last commented.
- Last added.
- Random picture.
- Browse-by-date meta-album.
- Most viewed.
- Top rated.
- Slideshow viewer.
- Option to display a clickable flimstrip of thumbnails below the image display.
- Watermarking option.
- Thumb cropping and sharpening.
- Full multimedia support.
- User management (private galleries, groups) – visitors can register for themselves (if the admin allows registrations). Alternatively, admin can create user accounts.
- User management is group-based.
- Permissions are managed/assigned per group.
- Bridging: integration of user management with various software packages including e107, Invision Power Board, PcNuke, Joomla!, Mambo, phpBB, PostNuke, PunBB, Simple Machines Forum, vBulletin, Woltlab Burning Board, and YaBB SE.
- BBS integration settable with a wizard-like user interface (bridge manager).
- User membership in multiple groups.
- User comments.
- Comment approval option.
- Visual confirmation (captcha) for comments.
- Usage of Akismet for comment filtering.
- Registration promotion in the comments section.
- e-card feature.
- Flash support for ecard.
- Language selection option in template.
- Password-protected albums.
- Optional display of rating on thumbnail screen.
- Voting level customizable and ajax-driven.
- Optional contact form with captcha.
- Users can report misplaced or improper content to admin.
- Favorites: visitors can add images to their favorites for future visits.
- Advanced search (boolean operators) with regular expressions, clickable keyboard, and tag cloud feature.
- EXIF/IPTC support.
- Language selection option in template.
- Image rotation.
- Multi-pic upload.
- Internationalization support: Arabian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (both Big-5 and GB), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (both “Du” and “Sie”), Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian (both with and without diacritics), Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Uighur, and Vietnamese.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are Linux-related. This is a new series.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|