OTRS is an Open source Ticket Request System (also well known as trouble ticket system) with many features to manage customer telephone calls and e-mails.
The software lets you manage incoming inquiries, complaints, support requests, defect reports, and other communications.
The system is built to allow your support, sales, pre-sales, billing, internal IT, helpdesk, etc. department to react quickly to inbound inquiries.
- Multilingual web user interface using its own templating mechanism called DTL (Dynamic Template Language):
- Agent web interface for viewing and working on all customer requests.
- Admin web interface for changing system things.
- Customer web interface for viewing and sending infos to the agents.
- Web interface with themes support.
- Web interface with Single sign on (e. g. HTTPBasicAuth or LogonTickets).
- Multi language support (Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Czech, Chinese, Dutch, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnam).
- Customize the output templates (dtl) release independently.
- Multi attachment support.
- Easy and logical to use.
- Custom queue view and queue view of all requests.
- Ticket locking.
- Ticket replies (standard responses).
- Ticket autoresponders per queue.
- Ticket history, evolution of ticket status and actions taken on ticket.
- Ability to add notes (with different note types) to a ticket.
- Ticket zoom feature.
- Tickets can be bounced or forwarded to other email addresses.
- Ticket can be moved to a different queue (this is helpful if emails are for a specific subject).
- Ticket priority.
- Ticket time accounting.
- Ticket print view (PDF).
- Ticket pending feature.
- Ticket responsible feature.
- Ticket bulk feature.
- Ticket hook divider.
- Ticket event module layer.
- Generic agent to do automatically actions on tickets (based on scheduled jobs).
- Content fulltext search.
- Ticket ACL support.
- Ticket workflow feature.
- Ticket Overviews and global bulk action.
- Master/Slave tickets.
- Standard reports.
- Multiuser system.
- Highly scalable.
- Integrated functionality for creating, reworking and searching FAQ texts.
- Management Dashboard with plugins.
- AJAX based customer search and auto completion.
- Secure SMTP.
Support: GitHub Code Repository
Developer: OTRS Inc.
License: Affero GPL v3
Return to Customer Service Trouble Ticketing Home Page | Return to Issue Tracking Systems Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|