Last Updated on July 24, 2023
MantisBT is a free popular web-based bugtracking system.
The goals for this project are to produce and maintain a lightweight and simple bugtracking system. Additions of complexity and/or features are modular and configurable so that users can be shielded from unwanted clutter.
The product is designed to be easily modifiable, customizable, and upgradeable. Anyone with intermediate PHP and MySQL experience should be able to customize Mantis to meet their needs.
- Simple or Advanced Issue Tracking.
- Multiple projects per instance.
- Supports Projects, Sub-Projects, and Categories.
- Users can have different access levels per project.
- Automatic Changelog generation.
- Automatic Roadmap generation.
- Customized “My View” Page allows developers to quickly see their assignments.
- Search and filter:
- Full Text Search.
- Simple/Advanced Filters.
- Shared Filters (across users / projects).
- Built-in report generation (reports / graphs).
- Custom fields in bug reports.
- Email notifications.
- Users can monitor specific issues.
- Attachments per issue.
- Issue change history.
- RSS Feeds.
- Customizable issue workflow.
- Sponsorships support – users are able to place bounties or sponsorships for specific issues.
- Anonymous access or private viewing.
- Self signup with Captcha and email confirmation.
- Self-Service reset password support.
- Export to csv, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Ability to extended functionality through custom functions.
- Reporting Issues via custom forms.
- Source Control Integration (SVN / CVS).
- Wiki integration (DokuWiki,MediaWiki, XWiki,TWiki).
- Time tracking.
- Ability to send messages to other users in regards to a specific issue.
- Public / Private Projects – Public project accessible to all users, private are only accessible to those explicitly added.
- Public / Private Notes – Private notes are accessible to users with a specific access level to the relevant project.
- Public / Private Issues – Private issues are accessible to users with a specific access level to the relevant project.
- Issue Relationships.
- Issue Relationship Graphs.
- Attachment Auto-Preview.
- Public / Private News (news can be associated with a specific project, or with all projects).
- Sticky Issues (always appear on the top of the issues list).
- Group Actions: actions can be applied on multiple issues.
- Easy hyperlinks to issues and issue notes.
- Ability to view recently visited issues.
- Authentication methods:
- Default Mantis Authentication (recommended).
- LDAP integration.
- Basic HTTP Authentication.
- Active Directory integration.
- Chat system.
- Multi-DBMS Support – Mantis uses ADODB as an abstraction library to support the following database systems:
- MS SQL (experimental).
- Oracle (experimental).
- Webservice (SOAP API) – MantisConnect project offers client libraries and tools in .NET, Java, and Cocoa. Tools include Eclipse plugin, (N)Ant plugin, notifier.
- Available in 68 localizations.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|