YACReader is a free cross-platform comic reader with support for multiple comic files and image formats. It’s fast and easy to use.
The usual way to read a comic with YACReader is press ‘O’ to open a comic, and then use ‘Space’ and ‘B’ for autoscrolling pages, you can use ‘UP’, ‘DOWN’ or ‘Mouse Wheel’ too, when you reach page limit (top or bottom) next page is loaded automatically, moreover, you can go to next or previous page using ‘RIGTH’ and ‘LEFT’.
Jumping between pages is possible using “Go To…” dialog (‘G’ key) or “Go To Flow” widget (‘S’ key). You don’t have to wait until all pages are loaded to use these functions, because pages are shown as soon as they are ready.
YACReader loads all comic compressed images in memory, when it needs to show one page, only that one is rendered. Since all pages are in memory YACReader uses approximately the same RAM as the comic size, so take care if you want to view huge comics with YACReader (comics larger than your RAM).
The “Go To flow” widget needs to render only the images which will be shown, doing it in a lazy way to reduce memory consumption, in any case, it takes a significant amount of RAM (RAM consumption depends on how many images and how larger are them). So, if you don’t have enough RAM, please, reduce ‘Slide’ size on the ‘Options’ dialog.
YACReader is released under an open source license.
- Beautiful, customizable and smooth “comic flow” transitions.
- Double page reading.
- Supports a wide variety of comic files and image types. rar, zip, cbr, cbz, tar, pdf, 7z and cb7, jpeg, gif, png, tiff and bmp.
- Image rotation, double page mode, full size view, fullscreen mode, customizable background color, custom page fitting mode, bookmarks, resume reading,
- Find any page easily and quickly with “go to flow”, a customizable eye candy effect for browsing comic pages.
- Fully customizable magnifying glass.
- Image adjustments available in the reading mode. Use the brightness, contrast and gamma sliders and enjoy the new vibrant colors.
- Organizes your comics and keeps track of your reading progress and your collections’ status.
- Page flow: Classic look, stripe look, overlapped stripe look, modern look, and roulette look.
- Find your comics quickly using the built-in search engine.
- Use your keyboard or mouse for easy navigation.
- Full screen mode.
- Fit width (also adjust to an specific width) and fit height modes.
- Option to use hardware acceleration.
- Quick navigation mode.
- Option to disable mouse over activation.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS.
- Internationalization support – translations available for Dutch, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Turkish.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|