Pimcore is digital asset management (DAM) software centralizes all your media assets, including images, graphics, documents, videos, and other media content.
Pimcore’s DAM places digital asset management at the core of digital experience management. It can integrate, consolidate, and manage any type and any amount of digital assets.
The community edition is free and open source software.
- File management – organize and store your files in a structured way with a robust central repository for your digital assets and metadata.
- Metadata management – enrich and categorize your files with metadata, taxonomies and tags to create a findable and meaningful asset collection.
- Image and video conversion – automatic conversion and transcoding enable you to manage and create your files’ derivates on-the-fly – in any resolution, size, and file format.
- File type support – supports 220+ image, video, and office document file formats for previewing, collaborating, transforming, and publishing.
- Workflow management – includes an advanced workflow engine to define business processes and editorial workflows.
- Digital asset delivery – publish final versions of files to your CMS, webshop, or PIM and make Pimcore your central enterprise content hub.
- Asset experience portal – create branded portals for sharing and collaborating on files across departments and organizations.
- Brand hub and asset sharing – share and collaborate on digital media with different public or private audiences in real time. Pimcore DAM acts as your central marketing Datahub.
- Microsoft and Adobe integration – access and collaborate on pictures and videos within your Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud technology stack.
- Direct edit – connect with your local file system and seamlessly edit digital assets within your favorite applications.
- Enterprise print publishing – fully automate your print processes and keep marketing and sales material up-to-date with the integrated Pimcore publishing components.
- Enterprise metadata – features sophisticated metadata definition components and data models.
Support: GitHub Code Repository
Developer: Pimcore GmbH
License: GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3) as Pimcore Community Edition, Pimcore Commercial License (PCL)
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|