Prism is a pipeline focused on VFX and animation projects. It helps users to organize the projects, automating tasks and simplifying their workflow.
The software lets you manage scenefiles, exchange data with other scenes, generate playblasts, automate the rendering workfolow, compare and convert media. The software offers Shotgun integration.
This is free and open source software.
- Manage scenefiles – create Assets, Sequences and Shots. Start from empty or existing scenes and let Prism handle the file location and the filename. A new version of a scenefile can be saved with a single click and comments let you identify your scenes
- Exchange data with other scenes – export specific objects or complete scenes and import it in any other scenes. You can export assets for shotscenes in the same software or import it in any other software supported by Prism.
- Generate playblasts – create playblasts and save them to your project folder. Compare them, share them with your team to decide on the best version.
- Automate your rendering workflow – handles your renderings including general render settings, filenames and renderpasses. In Houdini Mantra and Redshift are supported. In other software you are not limited to any renderer. You can render on your local PC or submit a renderjob to Deadline or Pandora.
- Compare and convert media – browse your different versions of renderings, playblasts or external media files. Compare them in RV and play them in sequence or in any other media player. You can automatically convert your media to different file types. For example to create proxy .jpgs from your renderings or a video file from image sequences.
- Work on different projects – work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Track projects in Shotgun – lets you synchronize your assets and shots and publish your playblasts/renderings directly to Shotgun.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|