eGroupWare is an enterprise ready web-based groupware suite.
It is a flexible framework capable of hosting applications such as group calendar, address book, project management, e-mail, accounting, inventory, and more. These applications share a user store and a flexible access control system to control information sharing.
One of the applications that eGroupWare can be used for is to help project managers effectively manage projects. It provides valuable assistance in managing schedules, contacts, emails, tasks and files.
At the core there is an API for PHP that allows creating new web-based applications that work within this framework.
- Create and manage hierarchical projects.
- Plan and manage staff and budgets.
- Set milestones.
- Create sub projects.
- Capture working hours and costs.
- Visualise project status and time line by Gantt chart.
- Use an extended user right system based on individual project roles.
- Create project templates for recurring procedures.
- Link contacts, tasks or any other kinds of information in eGroupWare to the project.
- Access control via ACL.
The above features only relate to the project management module of the software.
Support: EGroupware free area for development drafts, discussion and documentation
Developer: EGroupware GmbH
License: GNU GPL v2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.