Redmine is a flexible project management web application written using the Ruby on Rails framework.
This project management web application includes a gantt chart, calendar, wiki, forums, multiple roles, and email notification.
Redmine’s backend is provided by ActiveRecord, which enables the software to be used in conjunction with any popular database.
- Multiple projects support.
- Flexible role based access control.
- Flexible issue tracking system.
- Gantt chart and calendar.
- News, documents & files management.
- Feeds & email notifications.
- Per project wiki.
- Per project forums.
- Time tracking.
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users.
- SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs).
- Issue creation via email.
- Multiple LDAP authentication support.
- User self-registration support.
- Multi-language support.
- Multiple databases support.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.