Horde Groupware is a free, enterprise ready, browser based collaboration suite. Users can manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde Project.
Horde Groupware bundles the separately available applications Kronolith (a calendar application), Turba (a Horde address book / contact manager), Nag (a multiuser task list manager) and Mnemo (a note manager). The email component enables users to create distribution lists and has a WYSIWYG edtior with a spellchecker.
The software can be extended with any of the released Horde applications or the Horde modules that are still in development, like a file manager, a bookmark manager, a forum or a wiki.
The server is available in two editions – a Groupware edition with no access to email and a Webmail edition.
- Public and shared resources (calendars, address books, tasklists and notepads).
- Unlimited resources per user.
- Global categories (tags).
- Customizable portal screen including applets for weather, quotes, etc.
- 25 different interface themes.
- Import and export of groupware data from other applications.
- Synchronization with PDAs, mobile phones, groupware clients.
- Integrated user management, group support and permissions system.
- User preferences with global default values.
- Strong integration, e.g. address book lookups in meeting planning, task due dates in calendar.
- Abstract database support, e.g. for MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
- Online help system.
- Translated into 41 languages including right-to-left scripts and Unicode support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|