Bottle is a Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI) micro web-framework for the Python programming language. It’s designed for prototyping and building small web applications and services.
Bottle is fast, simple and lightweight, and is distributed as a single file module with no dependencies other than the Python Standard Library. This can be very convenient.
This microframework makes it easy to expose Python functions as a web page or web service.
It’s also a remarkably good learning tool for individuals that are starting out with web development.
- Simple to learn, easy to deploy, and powerful.
- Built-in HTTP development server (based on based on wsgiref WSGIServer) and support for paste, fapws3, bjoern, gae, cherrypy or any other WSGI capable HTTP server.
- Ships with many out-of-the-box adapters for the most common WSGI servers and automates the setup process.
- Attach Bottle applications to an Apache server using mod_wsgi.
- Can run as a standalone web server or be used behind any web server which supports WSGI.
- Built-in pythonic template engine called SimpleTemplate Engine. It’s the default engine used by the view() and template() helpers but can be used as a standalone general purpose template engine. Templates are cached in memory after compilation.
- Uses a powerful routing engine to find the right callback for each request. Requests to function-call mapping with support for clean and dynamic URLs.
- Expanding list of plugins for popular databases and key/value stores and other features. Most plugins are designed to be portable and re-usable across applications.
- Single file which runs with both Python 2.5+ and 3.x.
- Native support for Python 2.x and 3.x syntax.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. We've written reviews of more than 40 self-hosted apps. All are free and open source.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.