bomi is a powerful and easy-to-use open source multimedia player.
It can play a wide range of audio and video format. bomi can play from sources such as local files, remote URLs, DVDs/CDs and Blu-Ray discs.
This application was formerly known as CMPlayer.
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface(GUI). You can find all features in the context menu. All configurations can be done in a preferences dialog.
- Unlimited playback and tracks playback states such as selected audio/loaded subtitle etc.
- Automatic playlist generation and restoration bomi can generate playlist based on file name. Also, last played playlist is saved and restored automatically.
- Enhanced subtitle handling bomi supports various subtitle formats. It can render multiple subtitle files at the same time, and render styled subtitles such as SAMI and ASS format.
- Hardware acceleration bomi supports hardware-accelerated decoding by GPU with help of mpv. bomi will utilize available native API for the system between VA-API and VDPAU.
- Various convenient features.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|