RapidMiner (formerly known as YALE) is a flexible Java environment for knowledge discovery in databases, machine learning, and data mining. It allows experiments to be made up of a large number of arbitrarily nestable operators, described in XML files which are created with RapidMiner’s graphical user interface.
It features an easy-to-use visual environment, a plugin mechanism, and high-dimensional plotting, as well as an extension mechanism that makes it possible to integrate new operators and adapt the system to your personal requirements. The modular operator concept of RapidMiner allows the design of complex nested operator chains for a huge number of learning problems in a very fast and efficient way (rapid prototyping).
A command line version is included.
RapidMiner is ideal for analyzing data generated by high-throughput instruments, e.g. proteomics, genotyping and mass spectrometry.
- Extract, transform, load (ETL), a data warehousing process.
- Data warehousing.
- Data Mining.
- Business Intelligence in Java.
- Machine learning library WEKA fully integrated.
- 500+ modules including: extract, transform, load (ETL), data mining, data analysis + Weka, statistical forecasting, preprocessing, validation, visualization, OLAP, business intelligence.
- Knowledge discovery processes are modeled as operator trees.
- Internal XML representation ensures standardized interchange format of data mining experiments.
- Scripting language allows for automatic large-scale experiments.
- Multi-layered data view concept ensures efficient and transparent data handling.
- Graphical user interface, command line mode (batch mode), and Java API for using RapidMiner from your own programs.
- Plugin and extension mechanisms.
- Plotting facility offering a large set of high-dimensional visualization schemes for data and models.
- Applications include text mining, multimedia mining, feature engineering, data stream mining and tracking drifting concepts, development of ensemble methods, and distributed data mining.
- Java API (application programming interface) to ease usage of RapidMiner from your own programs.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|