Rattle (the R Analytic Tool To Learn Easily) provides a Gnome based open source interface to R functionality for binary classification tasks and data mining. It is also available as a product within Information Builders’ business intelligence suite known as RStat.
The aim is to provide a simple and intuitive interface that allows a user to quickly load data from a CSV file (or via ODBC), transform and explore the data, build and evaluate models, and export models as PMML (predictive modelling markup language) or as scores.
All of this with knowing little about R. All R commands are logged and commented through the log tab. Thus they are available to the user as a script file or as an aide for the user to learn R or to copy-and-paste directly into R itself. Rattle also exports a number of utility functions and the graphical user interface, invoked as rattle(), does not need to be run to deploy these.
Rattle is used in business, government, research and for teaching data mining in Australia and internationally.
- Extensive collection of R packages.
- More than a graphical user interface to R.
- File Inputs: CSV, TXT, Excel, ARFF, ODBC, R Dataset, RData File, Library Packages Datasets, Corpus, and Scripts.
- Statistics: Min, Max, Quartiles, Mean, St Dev, Missing, Medium, Sum, Variance, Skewness, Kurtosis, chi square.
- Statistical tests: Correlation, Wilcoxon-Smirnov, Wilcoxon Rank Sum, T-Test, F-Test, and Wilcoxon Signed Rank.
- Clustering: KMeans, Clara, Hierarchical, and BiCluster.
- Modeling: Decision Trees, Random Forests, ADA Boost, Support Vector Machine, Logistic Regression, and Neural Net.
- Evaluation: Confusion Matrix, Risk Charts, Cost Curve, Hand, Lift, ROC, Precision, Sensitivity.
- Charts: Box Plot, Histogram, Correlations, Dendrograms, Cumulative, Principle Components, Benford, Bar Plot, Dot Pot,and Mosaic.
- Transformations: Rescale (Recenter, Scale 0-1, Median/MAD, Natural Log, and Matrix) – Impute ( Zero/Missing, Mean, Medium, Mode & Constant), Recode (Binning, Kmeans, Equal Widths, Indicator, Join Categories) – Cleanup (Delete Ignored, Delete Selected, Delete Missing, Delete Obs with Missing).
Developer: Graham Williams
License: GNU GPL v2
Rattle is written in R. Learn R with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Graphical User Interfaces for R Home Page | Return to Data Mining Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|