valideer is a lightweight data validation and adaptation library for Python.
It supports Python 3.
valideer is free and open source software.
- Supports both validation (check if a value is valid) and adaptation (convert a valid input to an appropriate output).
- Succinct: validation schemas can be specified in a declarative and extensible mini “language”; no need to define verbose schema classes upfront. A regular Python API is also available if the compact syntax is not your cup of tea.
- Batteries included: validators for most common types are included out of the box.
- Extensible: New custom validators and adaptors can be easily defined and registered.
- Informative, customizable error messages: Validation errors include the reason and location of the error.
- Agnostic: not tied to any particular framework or application domain (e.g. Web form validation).
- Well tested: Extensive test suite with 100% coverage.
- Production ready: Used for validating every access to the Podio API.
Developer: Citrix Systems, Inc.
License: MIT License
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers such as the ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|