Colander is a serialization / deserialization / validation library for strings, mappings and lists. It is useful as a system for validating and deserializing data obtained via XML, JSON, an HTML form post or any other equally simple data serialization.
Colander is tested on Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8, and PyPy and PyPy3.
This is free and open source software.
- Define a data schema.
- Deserialize a data structure composed of strings, mappings, and lists into an arbitrary Python structure after validating the data structure against a data schema.
- Serialize an arbitrary Python structure to a data structure composed of strings, mappings, and lists.
- Serialize and deserialize various types of objects, including:
- A mapping object (e.g. dictionary).
- A variable-length sequence of objects (each object is of the same type).
- A fixed-length tuple of objects (each object is of a different type).
- A string or Unicode object.
- An integer.
- A float.
- A decimal float.
- A boolean.
- An importable Python object (to a dotted Python object path).
- A Python datetime.datetime object.
- A Python datetime.date object.
- A Python enum.Enum object.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers such as the ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|