TIPP10 is an open source 10-finger touch typing tutor. You can use TIPP10 directly in a web browser or you can download the software version for Linux and other operating systems.
TIPP10 is an intelligent touch typing software. Characters often misspelled will be dictated more often directly. Various visual tools and settings help you learn to use the touch system the correct way.
TIPP10 also supports different keyboard layouts.
- Easy to use and features a clear user interface.
- Intelligent text selection – the lesson texts react instantly to typing mistakes by repeating mistyped letters more frequently. The system helps eliminate typing mistakes and learn touch typing efficiently
- Ticker and virtual assistance keyboard – change the font, speed and colour of the text in the ticker to ensure a steady typing flow. Keys and key paths appearing in colour on a virtual keyboard help you to use the right fingers and keep the right starting position.
- Detailed results – printable comprehensive report that evaluates the lesson.
- Open lessons and using your own texts – there are open lessons with dictations for specialized topics so that you can familiarize yourself with particular styles such as programming or legal texts. You can also load your own texts into TIPP10 and have them dictated to you.
- Extensive customization – choose how the lesson will run. You can set the duration of the lesson, how the typing tutor reacts to typing mistakes and which visual aids will support you during the lesson.
- Play a typing game and expand the program with open lessons or make your own to meet your specific needs.
- In addition to the QWERTY keyboard layout, users can activate keyboards for Germany, for Switzerland or the alternative Neo, Dvorak and RISTOME keyboards.
- Platform independent and multilingual.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. We've written reviews of more than 40 self-hosted apps. All are free and open source.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.