Webcamoid is a simple, but versatile open source webcam suite for picture and video capture.
The application provides a good set of features.
The software is written in C++ and Qt 5.
- Take pictures and record videos with the webcam.
- Manages multiple webcams.
- Custom controls for each webcam.
- +60 effects available including ASCII art, aging, black & white, blur, broken TV, cartoon, cinema, color filter, color matrix transform, color from palette, convolve matrix, delay grab, denoise, dice, distort, dithering, edge detection, emboss, equalize, face detection, false color, fire, HSL transform, hypnotic, implode, invert, kung fu master, life game, matrix, matrix transform, nervous, normalize, oil paint, photocopy, pixelate, primaries colors, psychedelic, quark, radioactivity, replace color, scan lines, stoned, swirl, temperature, vignette, warhol, warp, water, and wave.
- Use custom network and local files as capture devices.
- Desktop recording.
- Take photos.
- Adjust option enables configuring your device, adjusting the resolution, frame rate, brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, sharpness, gamma, white balance and more.
- Wide range of recording formats are available:
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming;
- ASF (Advanced / Active Streaming Format);
- AVI (Audio Video Interleaved);
- DV (Digital Video);
- FFM (AVserver live feed);
- FLV (Flash Video);
- GXF (General eXchange Format);
- iPod H.264 MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14);
- ISMV/ISMA (Smooth Streaming);
- MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3);
- MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14);
- MPEG-1 Systems / MPEG program stream;
- MPEG-2 PS (DVD VOB);
- MPEG-2 PS (SVCD);
- MPEG-2 PS (VOB);
- MPEG-TS (MPEG-2 Transport Stream);
- MXF (Material eXchange Format);
- PSP MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14);
- QuickTime / MOV;
- SWF (ShockWave Flash);
- Custom streams, including videos (local and remote) and IP cameras (mms, rtsp, etc).
- Support for ALSA, OSS, JACK, and QAudio.
- Virtual webcam support for feeding other programs. A virtual webcam is a program that creates interfaces that other programs can detect and interact as if they were a real webcam hardware, creating fake devices nodes.
- Translated to many languages including Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- AppImage support.
Support: Wiki, GitHub
Developer: Gonzalo Exequiel Pedone
License: GNU General Public License v3.0
Webcamoid is written in C++. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Webcam Tools Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|