jamovi is an advanced, free and open source real-time, statistical spreadsheet, providing a suite of common statistical methods such as descriptives, t-tests, ANOVAs, correlation matrices, proportion tests, contingency tables, and factor analysis.
The software offers a spreadsheet editor, and a range of statistical analyses. jamovi can provide R syntax for each analysis that is run, and additional analyses for the tool can be developed using the R language.
The jamovi project was founded to develop a free and open statistical platform which is intuitive to use, and can provide the latest developments in statistical methodology.
- Easy to use.
- Complete suite of analyses for (not just) the social sciences; t-tests, ANOVAs, correlation and regression, non-parametric tests, contingency tables, reliability and factor analysis.
- Data filtering – filter out rows that you don’t want included in your analysis. The filters in jamovi are build on top of jamovi’s computed variable formula system, which allows the building of arbitrarily complex formulas.
- Fully functional spreadsheet.
- R syntax compatibility. In “R Syntax mode”, jamovi produces equivalent R code for each analysis.
- Modules to increase functionality. Modules include:
- Rj – Editor to run R code inside Jamovi.
- jpower – power analysis for common research designs.
- GAMLj – General Analyses for Linear Models.
- jAMM – Advanced meditation models.
- jsq – Bayesian methods.
- distrACTION – Quantiles and probabilities of continuous and discrete distributions.
- and many more.
- Multi-file import with support for CSV, R, SPSS, Stata, SAS, and JASP files.
- Export to PDF, HTML, CSV, R object (.rds, .RData), SPSS sav, SAS 7bdat, SAS xpt, and Stata.
- Undo/redo functionality.
- Templates – special data sets that are analogous to script files in more traditional statistical environments. They are a way to specify data types, computations, filters, transforms, and analyses in advance.
- Plot color palettes (including a print-ready gray-scale palette).
- Produces nice APA formatted tables, and attractive plots.
- Screenshot tool.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, macOS, and Windows.
Support: User Manual, Blog, Forums, Developer Hub, GitHub Code Repository
Developer: Jonathon Love, Damian Dropmann, Ravi Selker
License: AGPL3, with some components released under the GPL2+
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|